Tuckwell Scholarship at ANU: Benefits, Eligibility & Process
Are you a high-achieving student who is looking to study in Australia and pursue a career in your chosen field? If so, you might be interested in the Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU – the most transformational undergraduate scholarship program in Australia. This scholarship offers a range of benefits and opportunities for talented and motivated students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and a commitment to making a positive impact on society.
In this blog post, we will provide an overview of the Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU, including its benefits, eligibility criteria, required documents, important dates, the application process, and tips on how to increase your scholarship chances.
|Deadline:||12 April 2023|
The Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU is a prestigious scholarship that is offered to 25 high-achieving students each year. The scholarship is designed to support students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and a commitment to making a positive impact on society.
The scholarship covers on-campus residential costs, books, and general living expenses, and provides additional funding for research and travel. Scholars are also given the opportunity to attend seminars and workshops, design and deliver community-based projects, learn from and be mentored by senior Scholars, and attend a 3-day camp.
Tuckwell Scholarship Benefits:
The Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU provides a range of benefits and opportunities for Scholars. Some of the key benefits of the program include:
- Financial support of $24,700 per annum (2023 rate) for the length of the undergraduate degree program (studying full-time).
- Student accommodation.
- An allowance to assist with the move to Canberra and to support two annual return journeys between home and the University for each year of the degree.
- ANU Sports Centre membership.
- Mentorship and networking opportunities.
- Access to ANU Vice-Chancellor’s Leadership courses.
- Free ANU Fitness Centre membership or funding up to $450 per annum for health and wellbeing activities external to the ANU Fitness Centre.
- Free Mental Health First Aid education.
Eligibility Criteria of Tuckwell Scholarship:
To be eligible for the Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be eligible to apply to study at ANU in 2024 via the ANU Direct Application system.
- Complete Year 12 full-time in 2023, at a school located in Australia.
- Be 17, 18, or 19 years old on 20 February 2024 (born on or between 21 February 2003 and 20 February 2006), being the commencement of Semester 1, 2023.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or the holder of an Australian humanitarian visa, and be in possession of the relevant Birth Certificate, Citizenship Certificate, or Visa by 22 May 2023, being the closing date for Stage 2 applications this year.
To apply for the Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU, applicants must provide the following documents:
- ANU Direct Application form.
- Tuckwell Scholarship Stage 1 Application Form.
- Academic transcript for Year 11 and Year 12.
- Birth Certificate, Citizenship Certificate, or Visa.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Well written Personal Statement.
- Reference letter from the Principal of the applicant’s current school.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
If you are interested in applying for the Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU, it is important to be aware of the following dates and deadlines:
- ANU Direct Application deadline: 3 April 2023.
- Tuckwell Scholarship Stage 1 Application deadline: 12 April 2023.
- Stage 1 longlisting results notification: 28 April 2023.
- Stage 2 application period: 15-26 May 2023.
- Stage 3 in-person interviews: 7-9 July 2023.
The application process for the Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU involves three stages:
Stage 1: Applicants must complete and submit the ANU Direct Application form.
Stage 2: Applicants who are selected in Stage 1 will be invited to complete the longer questions in Stage 2. This stage gives the Selection Panel insight into who you are in addition to your achievements.
Stage 3: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an in-person interview at ANU.
Mark your calendars: Applications for the 2024 Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU will open on March 1, 2023.
How to Increase Your Scholarship Chances?
To increase your chances of being selected for the Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU, here are some tips:
- Focus on your academic performance and aim for a high ATAR score.
- Participate in extra-curricular activities and demonstrate leadership potential.
- Write a compelling personal statement that showcases your character, passion, and commitment to making a positive impact on society.
- Secure a strong reference letter from your Principal or a teacher who knows you well.
- Prepare thoroughly for the in-person interview and demonstrate your alignment with the Tuckwell attributes.
Q: How many scholarships are offered each year?
The Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU offers 25 scholarships each year.
Q: What is the financial support offered to Tuckwell Scholars?
Tuckwell Scholars receive $24,700 per annum (2023 rate) each year for the length of the undergraduate degree program (studying full-time), to cover on-campus residential costs, books, and general living expenses.
The Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU is a unique and prestigious scholarship program that offers a range of benefits and opportunities for high-achieving students who are committed to making a positive impact on society. If you meet the eligibility criteria and are interested in applying, make sure to submit your application before the deadline and follow the application process carefully. With dedication, hard work, and a strong passion for learning, you could be one of the 25 Tuckwell Scholars selected each year.