Facebook Dating is a feature within the Facebook mobile app that allows users to connect with potential romantic partners based on shared interests, events attended, and mutual friends. If you’re interested in trying out this feature, here’s how to get the Facebook Dating app on your phone.
In 2018, Facebook unveiled a brand-new free dating service, which will suggest prospective matches to users who wish to build a free dating profile based on their Facebook activity. If you are at least 18 years old, you can choose to use Facebook dating and also build a dating profile.
This style helps you get to know someone before and after your match and enables you to be real in a way that a normal dating profile cannot. Because it is immediately integrated into the Facebook main app, this service is exclusively accessible via the mobile app and does not call for any further downloads.
How To Get Free Facebook Dating App
- Update your Facebook app: Make sure you have the latest version of the Facebook app installed on your phone. The Facebook Dating feature is only available on the mobile app, so you won’t be able to access it on your desktop computer.
- Set up a dating profile: Once you have updated the Facebook app, you can create a dating profile. You’ll be asked to provide some basic information about yourself, such as your gender, location, and interests. You can also add photos and answer prompts to help potential matches get to know you better.
- Opt-in to Facebook Dating: After setting up your dating profile, you’ll need to opt-in to the Facebook Dating feature. This can be done by going to your Facebook app settings and selecting the “Dating” option.
- Start swiping: Once you’ve opted-in to Facebook Dating, you can start swiping through potential matches. You’ll be shown profiles of other users who meet your criteria, and you can swipe right to indicate interest or left to pass.
- Connect with matches: If you and another user both swipe right on each other’s profiles, you’ll be matched and can start messaging each other within the Facebook Dating app.
Before you can make use of facebook dating, you will be required to create a new dating profile because your FB dating profile will be different from your main facebook profile.
How To Create A Facebook Dating Profile
To get started, ensure you have an active facebook account and also make sure that your facebook app is updated to the latest version. With that all you are required to do is:
1. Launch the Facebook mobile app on your device
2. Sign into your facebook app with your login details (Username & Password)
3. Tap on the menu button at the bottom of your display screen if you have an iOS device
4. For Android users, locate the menu button at the top right corner of your screen and click on it
5. Search for “Dating” in the Shortcut section and tap on it
6. You can tap on “See more” if you can’t find it
7. Then select “Dating “on your screen (The icon with a pink heart-shaped icon)
8. Click the “Get Started” link to proceed
9. Follow the instruction on your screen to set up your profile
10. Tap on the pencil icon to edit any of your profile information
11. Choose “Next” at the bottom of your screen to proceed to the next step
12. Ensure you provide the correct answers to the dating questions that will be asked, it’s a great way for your match to know you better
13. Then carefully follow the rest on-screen instructions to complete the process.
With the above guideline, you will be able to activate your Facebook dating profile.
Is free Facebook dating safe?
Free Facebook dating is safe as any other kind of online dating. If you are concerned about your privacy in the Free Facebook dating, that won’t be an issue for you.
You can also choose to set up the information that you want others to see on the platform. You have a free degree to control your profile and what other users see.