The application portal for the 2023–2024 Beyond Borders Scholarships for International Students is now available, and Beyond Borders invites applications from Ph.D. students investigating borders and bordering phenomena in all parts of the world.
Research on borders and boundaries in the past and present is supported by BEYOND BORDERS. It encourages interdisciplinary discussion in the humanities and social sciences.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin, Hamburg Germany
- Host Institution(s): Recognised universities in Germany
- Scholarship Worth: Funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: PhD
- Nationality: International Students.
Beyond Borders Scholarships DETAILS
The Call for Applications 2023 is open until 1 March 2023 and focuses on “Borders, Contestation and Conflict”.
Both empirical researches based on extensive fieldwork and projects centered on theoretical reflection are eligible for support. Innovative and challenging research questions as well as comparative approaches are highly welcome.
Beyond Borders Scholarships for International Students Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for Beyond Borders Scholarships for International Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must be Ph.D. students
- These scholarships are open to graduates of any university within or outside of ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin and Gerd Bucerius.
- Applicants who intend to enroll full-time for a Doctorate (Ph.D.)
- Applicants who have commenced their doctoral study at ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius, Hamburg Germany.
How-to-Apply: You may interrupt and save your online application at any time. To do so, enter the button “Save Application Temporarily” at the bottom of the online application form. Any changes will be automatically incorporated as soon as you press the “Continue Application” button.
You may continue with your application at any time. The username and password can be found and changed under “Login data”. To continue your application later on, please log in with your username and password and click on the “Continue Application” button.
Please be meticulous when you fill in the application form. You should be especially careful not to exceed the 1,000 characters (including spaces) allocated for the abstract of your dissertation. The information you provide about other applications will have no influence on the decision of the jury.
- a research proposal (max. 7 pages for Ph.D. Scholarship and Dissertation Completion Scholarship applications and max. 5 pages for candidates for Start-Up Scholarships, references excluded)
- a research plan with time schedule (max. 2 pages)
- a CV and
- a copy of your university degree
You can upload all documents at the end of the online application. Documents in PDF format are required.
Two letters of reference by university professors should be submitted in electronic form. Please activate the button below the supervisor´s data while filling in the online application form. Your reference will receive automatically an email request with the reference link. For references documents in PDF format are required. The file size is limited to 5MB. Submissions should be limited to a single document file.
Application Deadline: Not Stated
Visit the Official Website for Further Details